Below, we provide you with information about the processing by us of your personal data, which is carried out lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in accordance with the principles set out by the EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 “General Data Protection Regulation” (so -called GDPR), and with which we fully comply.
The Data Controller is:
- Artesegno S.a.s.
- Via Gervasutta, 29
- 33100 Udine
- Tel: +39 (0)432 512642
- Fax: +39 (0)432 512642
- Web site: www.artesegno.com
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Purposes of processing
Your personal information is processed upon your explicit consent given electronically through our WEB site or in written form, with the following purposes:
- to allow you to access our website as a registered user, in order to: (1) enable you to participate in our auctions, both online and in the saleroom, by bidding on the lots offered at auction, (2) enable you to purchase the goods we offer on our website and/or in our Gallery and Auction House, and (3) enable you to put up for sale and/or for auction your goods through our mediation,
- to allow you to take advantage of alert services, via email and, if necessary, via SMS, should your bids be exceeded by other competing bids,
- to allow you to take advantage of email alert services if goods you explicitly tell us you may be interested in are immediately available,
- to send you information material such as catalogs of our exhibitions and auctions, notices of upcoming auctions, commercial information, etc..., both in print and by email,
- to respond to any of your explicit requests or communications.
Nature of the processing and consequences of failure to provide personal data
Personal data provision is not necessary for merely browsing the contents of our Web portal, which is publicly and freely accessible.
Referring also to the previous chapter “Purposes of Processing”, the provision of personal data and consent to its processing can be provided separately for each of the points in the following list:
- for the purposes of point (a) above, the processing is carried out following your provision and consent to the processing of your personal data. The provision of your personal information and your consent to its treatment are necessary requirements to enter into a contract of purchase of goods and/or services; if you fail to provide or refuse to give your consent, none of the services described in point (a) can be provided to you. For the same reason, in the case of data deletion, consent withdrawal, restriction or interruption of data processing, such services will cease to be provided.
- For the purposes of points (b), (c), (d) above, the processing is carried out following your provision and consent to the processing of your personal data. For these purposes both data provision and consent are necessary also for the purpose of point (a) because the services described in such points are ancillary and functional to the purpose of point (a). Consent for the purposes mentioned in points (b), (c) and (d) is cumulative, as they are similar in modality and typology. The provision of your personal information and your consent to its processing are necessary to supply the services described in points (b), (c) and (d), which otherwise cannot be supplied. For the same reason, these services will cease to be provided, in the case of data deletion, consent withdrawal, restriction or interruption of data processing.
- For the purposes of point (e) above, the processing is carried out following your provision and consent to the processing of your personal data. Provision and consent to the processing of data are necessary and if you fail to supply or refuse to give your consent to its processing, the services described in point (e) cannot be provided to you. For the same reason, these services will cease to be provided in the case of data deletion, consent withdrawal, restriction or interruption of data processing.
Personal information we collect
The personal information we collect and process, when you (1) contact us via email, (2) register at our office or electronically through our WEB portal, (3) browse, even casually, our WEB portal, are the following:
- personal details, only if explicitly provided and authorized by you, through paper or electronic registration form: name, residence address, tax data (tax code), identity card, date of birth, and any other information you are willing to give us (for example by email)
- list of any purchases, both of goods and of services,
- list of any bids placed during the auctions,
- list of any goods put up for sale and/or for auction, and sale and/or auction results,
- IP browsing address, only if you bid or buy online, or in the event of a potentially illegal operation (for example: an attempt to violate the security of the IT infrastructure, etc...), or in the case of an operation that, even though involuntarily, may potentially put at risk the stability, the security, and the regular working conditions of the IT infrastructure we use (for example: an action, voluntary or involuntary, that causes said infrastructure to halt or malfunction, etc...).
Processing for the legitimate interest of the Data Controller or by legal obligation
Moreover, the data processing can be carried out:
- to fulfill the legal and administrative obligations arising from purchase operations and/or use of our services, as a client, or following public bids at our auctions,
- to verify the identity and age of majority of the registered users and the authorship of the bids placed by them, both directly and by proxy, in order to prevent frauds and ensure the proper conduct of online auctions, also as proof to present in case of a dispute,
- for other reasons covered by the EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016.
On providing our services, we use external companies (so-called Recipients) that we commission to process personal data on our behalf in order to:
- send printed material ( catalogs, information notices, commercial communications, etc...),
- ship the purchased goods,
- send email communications (notices and notifications, commercial and marketing communications, etc...),
- deal with the maintenance, security, development and testing of the IT infrastructure on which the services we offer depend.
These external companies in turn ensure data processing in accordance with the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency and in accordance with the provisions set out by the EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 “General Data Protection Regulation” and complete confidentiality.
Data processing in third countries or international organizations
Personal data collected and processed by us is NOT transferred to third countries or international organizations outside the EU, that do not ensure adequate levels of data protection as determined by the EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 “General Data Protection Regulation”.
Data retention period
Personal data will be retained for a period that meets all the following conditions:
- if you are a registered user of our Web site, as long as you want to keep your registration active,
- if you have purchased or used our services as a client, for the period provided for by the Italian law regarding the storage of administrative data, equal to 10 years from the last invoice,
- if you have placed bids in our auctions, for the time necessary to ensure the proper conduct of such auctions in the interest of all bidders and as a proof in case of disputes,
- if you have provided your data following a request you made (e.g. an email requesting commercial information), for the time strictly necessary to fulfill your request,
- in the event of potential accesses and errors, even involuntary, that could undermine the security and stability of our IT systems, for the time required to carry out technical checks and take suitable countermeasures.
Rights of the data subject
We would like to inform you that, always with a view to transparency, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data processed by us, which you can exercise by contacting us in writing or, where indicated, in an autonomous manner through our WEB portal:
- the right to access the data concerning you; this right can be exercised by contacting us via email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org, or autonomously by accessing your personal page on our WEB portal, after logging in through your credentials,
- the right to rectify it,
- the right to withdraw your consent to processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal; this right can be exercised by contacting us via email at the address email@example.com, or autonomously by accessing your personal page on our WEB portal, after logging in through your credentials,
- the right to its deletion,
- the right to the restriction of processing,
- the right to oppose to processing,
- the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority or before the Judicial Authority.
In the interest of your security and in compliance with the regulations in force, if one of the requests mentioned in the previous list reaches us, we reserve the right to verify in advance the identity of the requester.
Automated decision-making processes
In the modalities we use to process personal data, there are NO automated decision-making processes, nor even so-called profiling methods or tools.